Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bar Code Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

arigsby

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
US
How do I know if we have the correct barcode software to handle adding barcodes to a crytal report? We have never barcoded in a crystal report and not sure if we already have this capability or not. This is the first that I have worked with CR and I would have expected that CR came with Barcoding features, but I don't believe this is the case. Thanks for your help!

You don't really need any extra software, just a Barcode Font that can be installed on all the PCs are running Crystal Reports.

A decent FREE 3 of 9 Barcode Font is available at -->

You can use the font to format any field in Crystal Reports, remembering that you need to have a start and end character (usually an asterisk) in order to scan a 3 of 9 Barcode. Eg. - 1234 would need to be formatted as *1234*

Where do you put the '*'? Do you put it into the formula field or the actual code?

You can create a formula like ->

NAME : BarcodeFormat
FORMULA : "*"+{TABLE.FIELD}+"*"

...and format the formula field.

OR

Paste it into a text box as *{TABLE.FIELD}*, and format the text box field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back