Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bar Chart to Show Date as 'Mon-yy' on X-Axis 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemantp

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
IN
I am using Crystal Reports 8
I have a bar chart which should show me data for every month when I make this report and in order i chose for every month What I See on X- Axis is
01/01 for jan 2001 but I want to display as Jan-01 How do I accomplish this. I get the data properly fo every month

You first have to change your global default format (File-Options-Fields tab-Date Button) to the format you want. Then Exit Crystal, Reopen Crystal, Re-open the report and add the chart. I am not sure if it will change the existing chart. I am also not sure if changing the global options back will affect the chart the next time it is opened.

You can override the global on any field, but I couldn't find a way to override the global for a chart axis. Ken Hamady

I have tried after changing the global seting and making a new report but still giving the same format. My problem still remains un solved

if you change the default format for datetime field to month-yy it will be reflected in your chart. However this will change all your date/time fields in every report to this format. Amother way to resolve this is to build a formual of such

if month(date) = 1 then jan
if month(date) = 2 then Feb

and so on. You then pecify in the chart to order in original order. crystal support has this case on file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back