Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Banyan Vines Migration to Window NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkiker1

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
US
I work for a University and we have an old Banyan vines mail server and we're wanting to migrate to a Windows NT server. I suggested using "Banyan Vines to Windows 2000 Migration" tool, but my supervisor doesn't think we need to use this.. Honestly I've never worked with Banyan vines is there anyone that could help me make this migration simple.

It would depend on the number of users I have the outlook mapi software for connecting to a banyan message store. This would not be do able if there were a large number of users. Give me you email and I will give you a hand with the mapi if you want to go that way.

Thanks Gosemer for your response. Actually the University has decided to go from Banyan Vines to Windows 2000. I suggested using Migration Director but it only works on WindowsNT. To date we have around 140 users, but I'm sure some of the faculty has left campus and I'm sure some are old.

Actually all were migrating are accounts over. All of our mail goes through a different server. I didn't know this at first. Any information that you can help me with I would appreciate. I'm sure I'll be in the library this weekend!!! Thanks again. Just any knoweldge of converting Street Talk to I guess the Active Directory???

I would be much obliged if gosemer could send me the Banyan Vines mapi stuff and the 8.64(7) client, attachment to jwr@esau.th.vu.nl

At my other shop we used Migration Director with 2000 AD and it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back