Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Banner Screen Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTHokieman592

Programmer
Oct 3, 2007
US
I have an SSIS package that does a command line vbscript to open a cisco VPN connection, download data from tables on a remore server to a local database.

all works fine in manual mode.

i am trying to automate it to run at 4 am.

problem is, when i connect with vpn client to remote server, there is a banner message that requires a manual mouseclick to just hit 'continue'.

i cant change anything on server side. Can i suppress that banner screen from the client side or somehow click thru it in an automated fashion? it would be especially nice if i could add some argument to the cisco vpn profile that would be an argument to not display banner messages or something like that.

help? thanks you

You'll need to know what "information" the continue button is passing to the server. Just add that command line or AsciiKey value that is generated when the command button (continue) is clicked. Adding that statement in the vbscript at the place will cause that "message window" close. The person who set up the connection can tell you what you need to "send to the server"

Unfortunately, I do not think you can just pass a parameter as with old school DOS (e.g. '/y')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back