Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bank Reconcilation Utilty Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

villica

Programmer
Feb 25, 2000
CA
Hello everyone,
one of the accountants is trying to do the reconcilation and is missing data on this window. apparently the data that is missing is showing on the gl but not on this window bank reconcilation. How can I fix this error and what is causing it. I have looked thru the knowledge base and I can not find anything. I am not an accountant. I am just the it person that is supposed to fix this problem. Just don't know how. Any suggestions please, please

villica

Have your accoutant check the source of those transactions? Those transactions might be coming from a journal entry. Journal entry do not show in the bank rec.

what kind of tx show in the bank rec.

villica

Apparently these type of tx are missing for the period of dec 18 to 31 (Receivables Sales Entries, Receivables Cash Receipts and Journal Entries). Check links was run during the time because of another issue. will this have caused any problems.

villica

Hello everyone, does anyone have any other ideas on this one.

villica

- Journal entry do not show in the bank rec
- Receivable sales entry and cash receipt do show either. What will show is the bank deposit. Have bank deposit been done for that period?

I would try re-printint the bank deposit journal that period? It might be a question of date. I would also go into Inquiry - Financial - Chequebook registry and see if they are unreconciled trx with dates that do not make sens.

I don't think check link could cause that sort of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back