Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bandwith utilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbert

Technical User
Dec 14, 2005
AU
Hi guys,
I'm working on the problem, which has a goal to poll bandwith utilization value from a socket. Can anyone give a hint how that could be accomplished? Would SNMP provide a mechanism to retrive that value? Any advices are highly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Humbert

MRTG = great program as long as you are a programmer to set it up. Is it ever hostile at times ;oP

I do agree, unless you are willing to spend some coin MRTG is the way to go!

AidanEnos

Hi all,
Does any one know how to find out the type of traffic that is coming into an interface, There seems to be DoS attack. I know there is sniffer program that can be used. but I am looking for a simple set of procedures or commands that can be used to find out the type of traffic that is hitting the fast ethernet interface.

Thanks for the assistance

MRTG is not hard to setup. Just read the instructions. Besides to just look at traffic, create an access-list that allows everything and append a log on the end of the list.

ex.

access-list extended traffic-monitor
permit ip any any log

Interface e0/0
access-group traffic-monitor in

This should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back