Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bandwidth watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

zatch

MIS
Oct 11, 2001
US
Is there some way to watch the bandwidth usage on any particular computer on a Netware Network? I am trying to find bottlenecks on our network.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

You would need some type of Protocol Analyzer, such as Sniffer, ManageWise/Lanalyzer, or something similar.

Good Luck!

In MONITOR, you can view each individual users NCP Requests and Kb written and Read based on how long they have logged in. Just go into CONNECTIONS and hit enter on a user.

Unfortunately, without network tools as already suggested, you cannot do this easily. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Invest in an SNMP management system. One I like is Castle Rock. The trend report facility will enable you to store long term statistics on a device.

You could use 3com Network superviser....this tool creates a map of your entire network showing you bottlenecks, IP conflicts, etc from memory its free to download and you get it for free on a cd with any 3com 4400 switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back