Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BAD_POOL_HEADER message on Panasonic video driver install

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdh61

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
I recently purchased a Dell P4 Prescott DT, 3.4gz, 1 megb, 800 fsb. 160 gb hard
Dual in-line memory module 512, 400m, 64x64, 8, 240, 1Rx8
I am running Windows Xp pro.
It has a dvd and a dvd RW burner as well.

I have installed all the windows updates.
This setup works great except I can't load the software to connect my Panasonic Digital Camcorder PV-D953. There was no problem with the camera software on my previous machine which as running Windows 98. I have gone through the software installation process from the CD and from the Panasonic website (the software has not been updated). I get a Bad_Pool_Header message and the machine immediately crashes when I try to load the final driver needed to complete the installation. I disabled all virus software and disconnected my printer and speakers before installation. None of these things seemed to make any improvement. This same error and the crash has been replicated on multiple attempts so clearly loading this final driver is creating some kind of conflict.
I have done a lot of searching on the web and found no fixes for his except "go back to your previous driver or disable that driver" That is not a true fix as there is no previous driver that will work. I either load the software they provide or the camera won't properly interface with the computer. If it crashes, I have to turn off the machine and reboot. I have a call in to Panasonic and they say they have never heard of this problem and are researching.Any ideas on how I might fix this? Thanks!

I have the same problem. I downloaded the current driver from Panasonic but that didn't help. I only get my BSOD when I plug my camera in. I have SP2 and windows is fully updated.

One difference is, mine used to work with this system. I can't remember what I've added to the system since the last time it worked. I know I've added a DVD burner. I've used a Lexar jump drive. Everything else is still funtioning fine.

By the way, it only fails when I try to access the camera's card. I tried a different card but that didn't help.

Let me know if you find anything, thanks.

OK...tried the camera on my laptop which uses Windows 2000. It worked fine. I informed Panasonic of the compatabilty problem with XP SP2 and they said Microsoft would have to fix it (sounds like their passing the buck). I let them know that there could be potentually thoundsands of Panasonic customers whose camera's don't comunicate with XP and that they might want to do something about it. We'll see.

This was discussed in the XP Forum. Although the download page for the driver lists XP compatability, the Panasonic catalog for this device lists only Win2k compatability and warns that the use of the driver under any other operating system is unsupported. This has been true for nearly four years.

I wish the best of luck in dealing with Panasonic on this. I suspect they have no intention of supporting XP as you wish, and certainly not XP SP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back