Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bad setting of the client

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadie

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2001
CZ
I have created a client but I found out that the client is bad so I have deleted this client and I have created a new client. But I did not know when I delete the client I must also delete index of the client in /nsr/index. It was mistake and when I use the new client it backup OK but I can not recover savesets becouse it save as old client. I tryed to remove index of the old client but saveset are saved as the old client still. Somewhere is saved information about the old client. It is not in nsr.res. How can I repair?

dabie: Seem like the index for this client is corrupted where it should be deleted at first. Try the following steps. I use UNIX system for backup server, and there shouldn't be much different if you are using Linux or Windows platforms. Use this instruction will wipe out all backup history, but for sure it would help you.

Try to following w/out touching the client machine:
1. open nwadmin
2. go to index
3. pick the client index
4. remove all cycles
5. reclaim the space
6. open client setup GUI
7. delete the client
8. exit nwadmin
9. shutdown nsr service
10. go to /nsr/index directory
11. delete the client's index directory
12. restart nsr service
13. open nwadmin
14. recreate the client in client setup GUI
15. try to backup via schedule/group

No this is the wrong response. The issue here is the client ID. The data is now being written to the media DB under a different client ID, this is why it can't be seen. For more info see the TB about renaming a client, I think it's TB138. You'll also find more info if you search the archives of the NetWorker list at temple.edu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back