Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bad primary drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxhiyanxx

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
US
the primary drive on our bcm 3.6 went today.. do i need to get one of these FRU preprogrammed drives that are out there?

That, or use the BIT imaging tool to put the software image on a new 20GB drive.

thanks for the reply... so i should just match the model of the 20GB drive that's in there right now? its just a standard IDE drive right?

I bought (4) 20 Gig hard drives at Giantcomputer.com for $35 each and they all worked fine. I used Ghost to make an Image of a good drive and use that as my master.

i was goign to order 2 of these drives... i'm trying not to pull the machine more then once because the phones are always in use... can anyone confirm that these are ok? my vendor told me that they were 20GB ide ata133 drives but he didnt' sound sure

I have started to use 40Gb drives Imaged to 20 from a working 20Gb drive, they seem to be working fine. I just bought 4 New 40Gb drives on Ebay 150053133229 for $26.95 and $11.95 shipping and he still has 57 available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back