Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad Entry in Available Maps List

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmagow

Technical User
Jan 2, 2002
US
I have an entry in the available maps list that says No Access. The entry can't be deleted because the directory is gone (which it is). The map was inadvertantly manually deleted from Openview via Unix delete commands. I Just want to get rid of the entry in the available maps list. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Thanks.

Hello,

As far as I know, the map "database" is stored in $OV_DB/openview/mapdb. In this directory exists a file named mapinfo.pag. Just rename it (in order to restore your old conf if needed). Then NNM could not access mapinfo.pag file. To build a new mapinfo.pag do the following for each map you have :

ovw -newmap <map_name> &

This command will open an ovw session with the map <map_name> and will add the map to the file mapinfo.pag . You will then have only the available maps on NNM database accessible through ovw session or command line.

Hope that help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back