Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bad connection across tie lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmail

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
Magix 4.0 networked via tie lines through adtran's 6 channels. Tons of echo and dropped data calls? Any ideas. Clocking is off PRI at main and set to local on tie and loop on far end? All via DCD boards not using any csu's other than customer provided adtrans, which are being used for data as well.

I have this application being used in 2 locations close to same scenario with adtrans from what I'm getting in your question, but I am still confused as to what you have going on. A little more info would be good for myself and maybe someone else in the forum.
Thanks

-jerry

Long distances (loop delay) between the "A" and "Z" ends of a TIE Line circuit can cause echo (For example a circuit that runs from an office located in New York City to another office located in Los Angeles).

Using speakerphones can also sometimes cause echo.

Jerry,

The magix's are networked and the pt to pt is split from the data company giving 6 channels for voice. I am clocking the remote loc off of the main, which at the main the pri is prim clock. The remote office is getting static only that they can hear and hollowness only that they can hear. The main site hears no static or anything. The DID's come in via the main site and across the p-t-p to the remote. Hollow sounds on all calls via did or udp but only heard at the remote end?

The alarms show tons of tie lines locking up, but not the 6 channels that they are using. I cannot dial via udp from the main to remote, for remote admin because of the garbage on the lines. Winspm keeps resetting?

Has this point to point been working for sometime or just installed? Did you add any new cards? Check programming to make sure your only using the six trunks and the others are not in there somewhere. Try printing out t1 info.

I did check the trunks and all is fine. The P-T-P T1 has been in use for sometime as all data. But we now took 6 channels for voice. The DCD's are new on both ends along with recent upgrade to Magix 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back