Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bad C1 card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanComm

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
US
We have a Norstar Plus compact ICS with one C1 card. This weekend it started to keep line 1 open (I've isolated it to be certain there's nothing else in the path that is holding it). I've tried cycling power, reseating the c1 card. Any other ideas to see if it's really dead? The other 3 lines work fine.

If the storm somehow fried the card, what's my least expensive way to get it fixed? The system was purchased about 2 years ago, and we've moved states since.

thanks!
Sean

Have you checked the line before it enters the Norstar?

Do you have another trunk card in your system, so that you can flip/ exchange the cards, and see if the problem follows?

I did check it at demarc and the line is fine. I also re-patched and swapped line 1 & 2. The problem then goes to line 2 (that's inserted into line one on the card). So I think I've isolated it to the nortel card.

where can I get a used one cheap (tried ebay and no caller id version up right now). Where to get this one fixed? Guess on cost?

thanks!
Sean

O.K.- Repair would take a few days, so if you want to replace it I would Google -nortel clid 4x0-, then you could purchase a refurbed or new one.
You could also call a vendor in your area, and perhaps he would give you some trade value for the bad card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back