Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backups not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalabrigaboris

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2002
CA
Is anyone else having the problem of backups not running? It's in the job queue but the date doesn't change. I schedule a backup to run on August 21 (it's now the 23rd). It didn't run the backup nor did it change the date to the next day. There is also nothing in the Activity Log aside from the database pruning running at night. The jobs need to be submitted remotely (tried Remote Desktop Connection as well as with the Arcbatch utility). Not sure where to go next. Its on a Win2k OS. Any ideas?

I had this exact same problem last week. ARCserve 2000 SP3, Windows 2000 Pro. The server ran tickity boo for months then this one job would not start. I stopped and started all engines and the problem was immediately resolved.

I don't know what caused it. I can only assume the job engine hung.

Just a long shot but have you changed the tape drive ? If so you will need to point your jobs at the new media device for them to run. Not that we had this problem :)))

Thank goodness! I stopped and started the engines (a few times - didn't work the first time) and now it finally works. Thanks for all your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back