Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backups not completing successfully for Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk5

Technical User
May 18, 2004
US
We have a exchange 2000 server, and the backup software is Veritas Netbackup. We have several error messages in bpbkar log file(veritas log file), please see the below error message
11:34:08.059 AM: [5420.5160] <2> ov_log::V_GlobalLog: ERR - MBOX_FindFirstFile() FS_ChangeDir() Failed! 0xFFFFFE09:The directory is invalid.

Backup account which runs the backup service is a member of the local admin group on the exchange server

Not sure if this error messaage is related to Exchange or veritas itself. Has anyone had similar issue.

Appreciate all help

Looks like your trying to backup a directory that doesn't exist. Make sure you're not trying to backup the M:\ drive on your Exchange server.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Lander - Will it cause the backup to fail. i mean as per our backup team they are saying that individual mailboxes backup failed with error 13 in veritas
Appreciate your help

We use Backup Exec from Veritas, so I'm sure the results are similar. We backup individual mailboxes, and if we disable a user or delete their mailbox, the backup job comes up as failed with an error that directory is invalid. I usually just uncheck that user from the backup job. Exchange cleanup agent sometimes helps too. It's nothing to get too alarmed about, it does not mean that everyhting else didn't back up OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back