Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backups just started failing: Acess Denied messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

GENIUSATWORK

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2001
US
We have histocially been running our BE software and suddenly we have two failures occurring on remote servers. We have checked the permissions on the shares being accessed and they are correct for the account being used by the BE software. We are getting Acess Denied messages on both servers. We are a Windows NT 4.0 environment with BE 8.50 Build 3571. Any ideas?

Just a shot in the dark, you didn't by any chance change the passwords on those accounts?

James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

NO, but we did find out that our security file for Veritas was corrupt and it had to be recreated and now the backup jobs seem to be working. Thanks

This happened to me as well. Been running BE 8.5 for over a year and all of the sudden. access denied. No changes to anything at all. How do I deal with a possible corrupt security file.

I am running into the same access denied error message: could you explain (in detail if possible) how you recreated the corrupt security file for Veritas

thanks for any help.

I'm also getting this problem. GENIUSATWORK could you please let us know how you fixed the problem?

Cheers

Karl

nuedge,

You probably will not get an answer from GENIUSATWORK or anyone else. This thread is TWO YEARS OLD. Please start your own thread (new post) about your issue.

-SQLBill

This is my way of starting a new thread! Two years old or not - I am receiving the same problem and need to know how to fix it.

Anyone able to shed some light on the problem I am having?

We seem to have this error come up on some our servers. It will continue for each backup after that. We have found that if we reboot the server before the next backup runs the error will not come up any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back