Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backups for Option 11C

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehidal1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2004
US
Is there a command to check the backup logs to make sure that the system is backing up properly? Also, if I wanted to do a manual backup in LD 143 to make sure I have an updated one, what would the process be for that to make sure that I have a new backup? Also, is there a way to look on the PCMCIA card to see the information? Thank you

You can run AHST in ld 22 and you will see the completed or incompleted backup.

Mato' Was'aka

Also, is it not ld 43 EDD in option 11s? for a backup

Mato' Was'aka

You can preform an XVR in LD 143 if its to a remote backup.

When I do a LD 43 .dat, it shows the Main has run, the secondary has run, the int backup has run, and for PCMCIA that there is no card in drive B. It says 'Current external backup is on PCMCIA drive B'. Does this mean that everything has backed up successfuly to the PCMCIA in drive a? And it just doesn't see a card in b? Or that its trying to backup to b and there is no card? Thanks again.

It means that you have successfully backed up to the hard drive, but not the PCMCIA. You need to put it in slot B and then perform the backup.

Thanks paco. So I need to move the card to slot B for the backup tonight. To move the card, do I need to shut the power down, or can that be a hot swap? Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back