Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backupexec Exchange Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyatt12

Technical User
Oct 23, 2003
GB
I have backupexec V9 installed on my backup sever along with the exchange agent. On my Exchange Server I have backup exec remote agent installed.

When I try to backup the individual mailboxes or the public mailboxes I get a logon account selection screen appear informing me that the logon account I used has failed to access the exchange server and that access has been denied.

Has anyone got any ideas?

There could be may reaons for this, do a search on the vertias site, there is lots of information there.

AM

In Backup Exec go to Help and choose the administrator's guide. It has good instructions on how to do this. In short, you need to create a mailbox that is totally unique within all site of your organization. Veritas uses the first 5 characters, so don't try to use a mailbox named admin because there is the administrator mailbox.

BP

It sounds very similar to the problems I had getting the damn thing working. The manual only gives a broad outline I found. Try this
Its dealing with 7.2 but it worked perfectly for v9. Took me ages to finally find this despite frequent searches of the Veritas site.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back