Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BackupExec 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

r042wal

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
CA
I am trying to get BackupExec 9 for Windows Servers to backup to CD-RW in Windows 2000 Server.

No matter what I try, I am unable to create a removeable-backup-to-disk folder. I get the message unable to create. Access is denied.

I am logged on as adminitrator. The Veritas System Logon Account is also the administrator. The LogOn properties of all the Veritas services that are running have 'administrator' and corresponding password.

Sharing is enabled for the CD-RW and Permissions are set to ALL, Administrator and Domain USers. There is no Security tab in the properties for the CD-RW.

Any ideas why this will not work?

You might also want to check the domain security policies. If you go Local Policies --> Security Options, there is an item called, "Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only." In the past this has restricted my ability to use the CDROM when accessing the computer in any way other than logging on locally, even when terminalled in. If the drive is on a domain controller, be sure to also check the Domain Controller Security policies. I believe this restriction is enabled by default on DCs.

- Zoe, that's ZOH-EEE, get it right please
- Just a little ol' MCP at Solien Technology
-

Thanks for the suggestion Packdragon, but unfortunaely I still get an 'access denied' message.

To test whether this policy may be interfering, try terminalling into the machine with the CDRW. Try to access the drive. If you get Access Denied yet you can access it locally, then it's the security policy at work. If you can access the drive while terminaled in, then try logging in as the backup exec user and accessing it both locally and remotely. We need to figure out which actions are allowed to which users, then we can solve this.

- Zoe, that's ZOH-EEE, get it right please
- Just a little ol' MCP at Solien Technology
-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back