Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backupexec 9.1 MSDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC801340

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
GB
Hello,

I have Backupexec installed with MSDE on a machine which also has a SQL Server database.

I need to install another product which also uses MSDE. I do not want to use the existing BackupExec MSDE database.

Is it possible to have BackupExec use something other than MSDE?

Many thanks

Just a further point to add - it isn't a problem if i need to uninstall the existing Veritas installation. Obviously I will need to reinstall afterwards though....

No, with SQL server (msde is the light version of it), you're able to install multiple instances of sql. Therefore I do not expect you'll have much problems.
the instance of BE is normally <servername>\BCKUPEXEC.

Thanks - I shall just manually install another instance of MSDE before I install the new application.

For some reason the software developers have strongly warned AGAINST installing on a machine with multiple instances of MSDE....I shall contact them to get their reasoning on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back