Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BackupExcec10 for Windows 'access denied' error

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaccaz

MIS
Aug 10, 2005
HK
Hi there,

BE10 running on W2K3 server (no sp1) with EXCH2003SP1.

For exchange's backup, I got plenty of calendar entries that BE10 cannot backup with access denied error code V-79-57344-33928.

I refer to veritas docs tid266075 & checked that the BE10 logon account is actually the domain administrator account, the built-in account test features also went through smoothly.

Wondering what else can I do to fix the problem?
Many thanks!

is it only calendar entries that you are having issues with?

are those calendar entries ok?

yes, i got plenty of calenar entries with the following error msg:
Access denied to file User Name [username]?Top of Information Store.Calendar.New Year's Day.
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to file User Name [username]?Top of Information Store.Calendar.on duty.

All of them are "Top of Information Store.Calendar.xxxxxx"

Wondering have you seen it before? Any solution?
Many thanks!

I am having the same problem, it just started happening out of nowhere. HELP! Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks

Same here; I am having this problem all the sudden.

From the BE backup log, it seems like the error was caused by emails currently in use. I thought whether the user is log on or off does not make a difference?

Please help.

Running into the same problem with Backup Exec v9.1 on Exchange 2003 and Server 2003. Started no earlier than August 8th, which is a Monday. Our automatic updates for Microsoft Windows server take place at 3am on Sunday.

Having this same issue too using BE10.0 started on aug 25th..My backup runs at 12:45 am, at 10:30pm all users are disconnected from the system so this isn't being caused by users actually in their e-mail... I am using the exchange backup agent. Maybe a problem with that?

example:

Access denied to file -user name-?Top of Information Store?Calendar?Updated: Do you have any complaints from Customers, Vendors or yourself for the past week. Send them to me..
The item \\AER-EXC1\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\-user-\Top of Information Store?Calendar? Do you have any complaints from Customers, Vendors or yourself for the past week. Send them to me. in use - skipped.

Anyone know why this is happening yet?

oops... to correct to my previous post I am using Backup Exec 9.1 Rev 4691 NOT Backup Exec 10. On windows 2003 server. Still having problems.

Fixed this problem by installing Service pack 3 from Veritas.

hi iconSYS1,

my BE10 didn't have SP1, I'll try to install it & see how it goes

I am having the same sort of problem (see bleow)

urgent.?NoDraftMessages?Cisco Search Folders?Access denied to file
Encrypted document.?NoDraftMessages?Cisco Search Folders?Access denied to file Kim, Jaechan [jakim]
corrected.?NoDraftMessages?Cisco Search Folders?Access denied to file Kim, Jaechan [jakim]
Top of?Access denied to file Kim, Jaechan [jakim] attachments.?Inbox?Information Store
Money.?Inbox?Top of Information Store?Access denied to file Kim, Jaechan [jakim]
Money.?Inbox?Top of Information Store?Access denied to file Kim, Jaechan [jakim]

Did the service pack fix this problem ? We are running BE 10.0 on Server2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 sp1

Please let me know. This is the only account the backup has this problem with thanks

If two wrongs don't make a right then how can to wrights make and airplane fly ?

We are also getting this same issue, the service pack didn't fix it for us.

What anti virus software are you running - we have found if we disable McAfee Groupshield we do not get the problem.

The problem only seems to have started since the customer had a spamming problem earlier this week.

Currently still trying to resolve - will let you know is do.

Regards
Debbie

exact same here, just started last night. Debbie did you find a resolution

2003 Server, Exchange 2003, Veritas BackupExec 9.1

Same problem here:
Small Business Server 2003, Exchange 2003, BE 9.1

Has any one solved this yet?

Access denied to file Alyson Lane [alyson]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items?RE: vacation Hrs. & Pay Period.
The item \\SERVER-W03\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Alyson Lane [alyson]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items

I'm having the same problem with a number of specific emails. I also just noticed that it appears the same emails are generating Outlook 2003 sync errors for the respective users. I wonder if this has anything to do with my antivirus...

I have Symantec Corp ed 10 w/ Groupware protection.

If you guys look further down the job log in the exceptions section you should see those items along with either unicode characters or asian ones. If this is the case either the antivirus or a spam filter is striopping the header out of those files and that is what is causing the issue.

That sounds consistant with the problems I have been having. I think it's only an issue with the same old emails. new ones seem to be dealt with properly so I'm hoping that once I extract the problem emails, my backups and Outlook sync issues will be resolved.

So how do I go in and purge these specific emails?

Generally these are errored email messages that need to be deleted using something otherthan Outlook.

I use MFCMapi utility from Microsoft to remove these emails. Download here : MFCMapi can be run on your exchange server and do not be alarmed if your profiles look like outlook 2000 type profiles. If it does not work then you have some static ports conflicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back