Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howi

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2001
GB
Can any one help - running a cmd file to back up files on another server works fine when run manually but when I set scheduler to run the cmd file the log file says that I do not have permission to access the folders selected for backup - WHY!!!

When run manually it is using the account that is currently logged on. When you set this up in scheduler make sure you specify an account and password that has the correct permissions. Under schedule you should place this account and password under run as.

The 'logon as' option is greyed out - any ideas!

Are you using the AT command or the My computer/Schedule Tasks icon to schedule the task?

Try scheduling using the ICON if you have been using the AT command. The tasks set up by the AT command are different to the tasks set up by the ICON.

Luverly Jubbly!

Just what I needed

many thanks
H

I using AT.exe command to schedule my Nt backup but now
my AT command got error i dont no what error is.
i did not change anything in my server and login as backup user as usual.
I cannot find schedule services in sevice manager.

Thank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back