Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronshover

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
US
I was trying to backup some drives on 6 different servers. It took entirely too long to backup. It took OVER 48 HOURS to only get 12GB of the first folder backed up. That folder was 23GB. That total job was around 100GB. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing the lag? If I am not mistaken it was going at about 6mb/second. When I tried to cancel the job it took OVER A WEEK to cancel it. When I consulted the help files it just said that depending on the media that you are backing up to it can take "a considerable amount of time" to cancel a job. Does anybody know why it would have taken this long?
Thanks,
Aaron Shover

I got the same stupid problem. BE says it is 99% done, but it wont wrap up the job. Did you find the solution yet?

No, I haven't figured out the problem yet. The only thing that I can think of is it may not be deallocating the memory it has used correctly. I have tried a few backup jobs that only backup 5gb and lower and it runs at 89mbs or above. So, because it can do smaller jobs quickly I can only figure it is a memory problem. I am uninstalling Backup Exec today and re-installing it to see if I can fix the problem...figured it may be easier to fix if I start fresh being that I am not the one that installed it.

Would you please be so kind to let me know the results?
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back