Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Verification problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

genexxa

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2003
CA
Last weekend i have tried the verification option in arcserve. We also use scripts to stop/start our Oracle database. The problem is the Database don`t start after the verification.. why?? i don`t know... the backup worked great so why the script is not executed??

Sorry there is too much missing information to offer help.

Example: talk a blind man out of the room.
Your method: go to the door, open it, walk out.
A method that will work: walk forward ten steps, turn to your left, walk forward two steps, reach out and the door should be right in front of you, the knob is on the right.

See the difference?
If not I'm sure you will be able to figure out a solution to your problem.

If you dont know the answer just zip it!!

I have to agree with davidmichel. You haven't told anyone what the versions of any of the pertinent software is or if there are any errors or warning messages in the arcserve log or event log, or how your scripts are set up. without it no one will be able to help you. sorry.

Ok ok my mistake.. Arcserve ver. 9 running on a windows 2000 sp4... no error in the backup log... everything look normal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back