Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Verification Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm2k

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
GB
Hi,

The backup completes successfully, however when the verfification runs (Compare Backup Media to Disk Verification) It logs the following error:

E3841 Unable to find session number. (MEDIA=GROUP-A FRIDAY WEEK 1, SESSION=7, EC=000000FE)
E3841 Unable to find session number. (MEDIA=GROUP-A FRIDAY WEEK 1, SESSION=15, EC=000000FE)

I checked the Brightstor website, and the fix they have online is for NT/2k systems only. We are running a Compaq TL891 on Windows 2003 STD SP1 with Brightstor R11.5 (Build 3884)

Can anybody offer any ideas?

Many Thanks:)

Hi,

I have this same problem, does anyone know where to locate the hotfix on CA site??

Hi,

The fix CA have supplied for 11.5 is T46B127.CAZ file.Modified Dll's, I could not find this on their "great" site! So had to make a support call and use an FTP. But this did work.

cheers.

Hi,

Glad you got it working, Don't suppose you still have the link to this file, by any chance?

I will try find it today.

Thanks

Files with a T prefix are testfixes, they are not generally available for download, and are made available on a case by case basis, hence why you could not find it on the 'great' site

Ok Thanks, I spoke to CA today, and they have asked me to try run the database maintanence utilities.

So I am in the process of doing this now, hopefully this will help with the problem.

Hi,

yes the files are still on FTP.
File name. T46B127_2.caz

ftp://ftp.ca.com/outgoing/0751821/14920111-01

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back