Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup to PCMCIA Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliemsgirl

Programmer
Jan 24, 2005
SR
I have been trying to make a backup to a pcmcia card. When I enter ld 143 and go to utilities, archive database utilities, archive cust database, enter the file name I get the message: The Archive Exists, unable to create. What could be causing this? The pcmcia card is new, I have tried with 2 new ones and get the same message each time. Pls help. Is there anyway I can check the status of the PCMCIA card, when I do put it into drive A, the light on the SSC flashes.

yes I have tried to format with the pdt prompt pcmciaformat.

I also just noticed the prompt appear on the screen BUG6334: Could not initiate PCMCIA ATA Driver.
Reason: Device init failed for device a:

Any ideas?

format the PCMCIA card.
I believe it's supposed to be FAT-16

get a new pcmcia card. once you see could not initiated ata driver, that card is done.

Are you naming the backup you are attempting the same as a existing BU on the PCMCIA ? Try a different name and see if that works .

Cog, the pcmcia card is empty, there are no backups on there yet.

the pbx has to be able to initialize the a drive first before you can do anything.

once you stick in a pcmcia card and you get :

BUG6334: Could not initiate PCMCIA ATA Driver.
Reason: Device init failed for device a:

there is nothing you can do but get another card.

what size is the pcmcia card.....it should be no more that 256mb

Your PCMCIA card goes in slot B. In LD 43, you can do the command DAT. It will show you all databases including the one on the PCMCIA drive.
Use a SANDISK card. Trust me on this. Nortel has said that only SANDISK has been tested and is known to have no issues. Others will work but it is hit and miss. I had LEXAR and was experiencing exactly what you are now.

Does anyone know if the PCMCIA cards have problems working with 4.5 software? Since we upgraded to 4.5 sw, we haven't been able to use slot a of the SSC card. Any ideas?

Did you format the PCMCIA card with Windows98 on Fat?

you can use BKO on LD 43 when the PCMCIA Card is inserted on Slot B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back