Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup to Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djbell

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2002
GB
Hi

What is the best software to allow me to do Unattended backups to harddrives (This will more than likely be on a machine on the network so it will probably me mapped drives), I also need it to backup open files.

Regards

Djbell

I am using Arcserve 2000, and it SUCKS. so go with Veritas Backup exec. My other IT friends have use Veritas, and it much better.

I would not go as far as mdwu when criticising ARCSERVE 2000 but I would say it is very buggy and unforgiving. The support for the product, knowledgebase, updates e.t.c is not always easy to find and unless you have a paid support contract you are totally on your own. The forum here is much more active than CA's own support forum. For one software product you really need to rely on and feel comfortable with it does not inspire confidence.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back