Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Strategy Help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2000
US
I have a ATL PowerStor L200 autoloader that holds 8 tapes (1 tape for every day of the week and 1 for cleaning day). Works like a charm, functionaly at least. Now, here's what I'm trying to do with veritas backup exec, I want a FULL backup to run on Sundays and Diff. backups to run on Monday-Saturday. I have partitioned each tape as a "device" and want to create a job for every day. Each tape is partitioned as (0000.0000), (1111.1111), and so on. For Sunday, I choose device/partition (0000.0000) for the full. I had to choose the backup selections for this job. However, when I try to move on and make a Diff. backup for Monday, I have to turn around and remember the choices that I made for Sunday.....my network's pretty large, so this will be a headache If I can't get backup exec. to remember the selections.....I'm confused.....any ideas, guys/gals??? Thanks!!! Joe W. Guy
Network Admin
MIS Director

Nevermind, I figured it out!!! You have to select "select" from the menu and create a custom selection. Then, for each job, you just choose the right "selection". Custom selections can be edited on the fly and changes are made accordingly. Cool stuff one you figure it out!! LOL

Joe W. Guy
Network Admin
MIS Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back