Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup software for Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

keks

Programmer
Feb 12, 2004
BG
Hi people! Colud you point to any freeware to backup MS Exchange 2000 data. And what exactly I can not backup with ntbackup.exe? Thanks in advance!

It's not precisely freeware, but Windows2000 Backup will handle Exchange 5.5 (and I assume Exchange2000) data. I've done test restores with it with 100% success of priv and pub edb's, no isinteg or any other consistency checking required. With NT4, I was a big Veritas BackupExec (with Exchange Agent) fan, and I believe Microsoft has used a lot of BackupExec in their "native" Windows2000 Backup.

What Win2k Backup won't back up is open user-created data files. It will handle the operating system and the Active Directory, though I have no experience with full restores for either of those.
-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back