Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Savesets with NetBackup

Status
Not open for further replies.

morrisjd

Technical User
Feb 2, 2002
US
Hello everybody:

I am new to this forum. We currently have a large Legato Networker Site and the question is being asked about migrating to Veritas NetBackup. Veritas is new ground for me but I have a couple of questions that you people may be able to answer.

Legato uses the term Saveset as the terminology for the objects that it backs up for a client. A Saveset is nothing more than a path statement indicating from the root what to include in the backup. Here are examples:

Eng01 D:\ This is a saveset for the D partition for client computer Eng01. It means the backup applies to everything in the D:\ partition.

Fin02 E:\Group\Invoices\January02 This is a saveset for the January02 subdirectory of the client computer Fin02. It means that the backup includes only those files and subdirectories that are contained inside of Group\Invoices\January02 on the E:\ partition.

I think you get the idea.

So my question is how do you specify the same concept in Veritas NetBackup.

Thanks in advance

Hi
what i understand from your question , that how we tell veritas to take backups of the particular directories.????
In Veritas when u define the classes , there u define which directories u r going to be backedup. We called it files in Netbackup world.
You didn't mention which version u r using but if it is 3.2 you can check in the Veritas Netbackup Administration Manual chapter 4 . How to define the classes and configure the directories/files , u r interested in your backup policies.
You can also look follow nfs , mount cross points concepts, same chapter 4 for more info about the directory backups.
Best of Luck.

Atif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back