Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Router Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaswoo

MIS
Dec 4, 2000
HK
Hi all,

Bay is new to me .... just want to know if there is anyway that I can check which configuration file that the router is currently using and also how can I copy the configuration file to another machine (like tftp in Cisco)...

Thanks in advance ! :)

The following command will let you know what config the router has booted with, providing you have the script files show.bat and hardware.bat on the flash
show hard config_file

As for tftp files off from the flash, this is supported by default, ftp needs to be enabled if required.

Regards

Thanks alroyb !

However, it seems that I haven't got the show.bat and also the hardware.bat loaded in the flash.....is there anyway that I can load them back ? And is there any document on the web regarding the basic concept / commands of the Bay Router ?

Also .. for the tftp .. I have try to use the TFTP program that come with Cisco .. but after I issue the command .. the router response with : Invalid TFTP File Transfer Mode. any ideas what is going on ?

:)

Try using a standard tftp client (walusoft? from zdnet or tucows?), and make sure to "enable tftp" on the router itself. The nortel website is a good source for documentation on all of the router commands. If you have nortel support they should be able to get you the bat files.

It seems that you have IP Suite image with 4 Mb Flash.
The best to manage Bay Router Is Site Manager. It has File Managemnet tool you need.

Thanks all.

But do you know where I can get a copy of the "Site Manager" ?

Thanks again ! :)

Site Manager is available from Nortel, you can download it from their web site. If you are unable to do that the walusoft TFTP suite can be downloaded from any of the major utilities sites (tucows, cnet, zdnet...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back