Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup problems on 3300MXE_4.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxmitel

Technical User
Sep 29, 2011
LU
Hi,

We have a problem, when we wants to do a backup by HTTPS we are not sucessuful. We dont find any logs about that in the logs parameters and when we are connected at the same time by port RS232 whe dont receive any details.
Can we do the backup by port RS232?

Thank you very much.

nope. make sure you have your pop up blocker off. Also make sure you have added the 3300's ip address as a trusted site in internet explorer. Also make sure in Tools>internet options that under the trusted zones options you have file download set to enabled. Outside of this is could be voicemail hanging up the process.

If the backup is required as a matter of urgency, try to FTP to RTC address and goto /vmail/temp/db/archive and check if there is a file named ipera3k.dba, if there, rename it to .tar and you will be able to use this as a backup

I can recommend FilZilla FTP client for this process

Thanks
i've tried with FileZilla FTP and I made the backup.

I have found that you need to create a folder on the root called 'Fakepath' e.g. C:\Fakepath when using IE8 on Win XP.I have to add any import spreasheets to this folder otherwise the import fails. You could try backing up to this folder.The MCD software does need to be more compatible with other browsers as everyone has a favourite.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

after a restart from the MXE i tried to do a backup and from the logs by hyper terminal port RS232 I receive the follow message "/db/database/bak_files: S_dosFsLib_FILE_NOT FOUND". After I have interrupted the backup, I only arrived to connect me again by http 1 hour later. As that happened with someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back