Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayyahma

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
MY
I make a backup CMD command as below why everytime i run the cmd,it backup only the last j:\drive .
The first g:\ , e:\ did not backup but the log say it backup all the file

ntbackup backup G: /t incremental /b /hc:eek:n /v /d "Compressed Incremental backup drive g:" /l "c:\log\backup.log"
ntbackup backup E: /t Incremental /b /hc:eek:n /v /d "Compressed Incremental backup drive e:" /l "c:\log\backup.log"
ntbackup backup DS \\poalkw01 IS \\poalkw01 /a /t normal /hc:eek:n /v /d "Compressed normal backup Exchange" /l "c:\log\backup.log"
ntbackup backup j: /t Incremental /b /hc:eek:n /v /d "Compressed Incremental backup drive j:" /l "c:\log\backup.log"
ntbackup eject

Hi ayyahma,

this can't work the way you want it because you forgot to use the switch append (/a) on all but the third backup job.
Without this switch ntbackup is forced to overwrite your previously backup data on the tape. The log isn't wrong as ntbackup did it's job...

You might use your (modified) script like that:

ntbackup backup G: /t incremental /b /hc:eek:n /v /d "Compressed Incremental backup drive g:" /l "c:\log\backup.log"
ntbackup backup E: /t Incremental /b /hc:eek:n /a /v /d "Compressed Incremental backup drive e:" /l "c:\log\backup.log"
ntbackup backup DS \\poalkw01 IS \\poalkw01 /a /t normal /hc:eek:n /v /d "Compressed normal backup Exchange" /l "c:\log\backup.log"
ntbackup backup j: /t Incremental /b /hc:eek:n /a /v /d "Compressed Incremental backup drive j:" /l "c:\log\backup.log"
ntbackup eject

SteelBurner

Steelburner.

I don't get it can you show me the right script should i modified and all the drive can backup as the script i show.
One more thing did i got to modified the normal backup script , because it got the same problem.

Thanks for your help

For your infi i am using new blank tape

ayyahma,

I've already modified your script in my first reply (just added /a at command line 2 and 4). You might copy and paste the complete script from my first answer.

SteelBurner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back