Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup over VPN Channel not run

Status
Not open for further replies.

reimesch62

Technical User
Jan 22, 2008
DE
Hy, we have some Branchoffices connecte via WLAN.
To make the Wlan secure we have installed Cisco ASA 5505 on both sides und have build an VPN Tunnel trougth the Wlan.
Now I have the problem that the Backups with the message stops " cannnot determine status of backup prozess. USE mminfo to determine job status" mminfo results an abort.

The cisco access-list allow any TCP and UDP trafic.

Has anyone an TIP for me.

Thanks

Runtime problems most often are due to name resolution problems. Make sure that the names resolve to the same name and in all directions.

Then, test a manual (client) backup first. Do not proceed if this does not work.

Hi 605,
thanks fpr your answer, but DNS works properly. NSLOOKUP shows Shortnames FQDN Names and resolves revers.

For resolution i have also reduced the MTU Size of the Serves on the remote side.

But the problem is the same: Savegroups starts und run a lot of time. The error ocourse with the last MB of the saveset.

Manual Backup (remoteside) works propperly.

best regards

Last MB of the save set". This almost looks like there is a problem with a certain file and/or directory. What happens if you exclude it?

ok the are 3 Servers on Remoteside. 2 Netware 1 Windows
One off the Netware Servers work fine. The other have 3 Volumes sys,data and data1. Paralism ist set to 1.
Backup of the sys volume works 2GB. Backups from the Volumes
data and data1 dosn´t work (4 GB data 8 GB data1).
Manual Backup works fine but the savegroups stop´s

Backup from the Windowsserver C:\ works(2GB) E:\ dosn´t work
( 8GB ) Error 1 retry attempted.

mminfo show´s an aboard

Why did you limit the parallelism at all? This could be the issue. These will get timed out and the backup will fail.

On the other hand, if you tell us that the problem happens "on the last MB of the save set", this means that you backup (obviously more than 1 stream) in parallel already. So which parallelism did you set to 1?

You can always have a look at your cisco boxes and see if there is any "tcp session timeout" you can increase. I know this is usually a problem when running backups through a PIX.

Thank @all,
yes now it´s work. The reson was the connection timeout on the Cisco ASA´s.
Just a tip: dont set the conncetion timeout to long. A new problem acourt. The ASA stop with the message connection limit reached.

so long
Reimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back