Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup of client <server> exited with status 11 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landsmeer

Technical User
Apr 21, 2004
NL
Hi,
We have a problem with the backup,with only one server!!! The other server are doing ok,
We are using win 2000 adv.server (clients also) using Netbackup 4.5 mp6
Everything works fine, till a couple of weeks ago, suddenly one of them, stop his backup operation after a couple of hours, and keep doing this till today.
We tried to use te OTM file on a different disk, tried without OTM, nothing works.
Our (problem)clientserver works with a diskspace of 1 gb of free space on the c:\ (the master server has 4 GB free space)
The diskspace that must be backuped is very big 210 GB!
The problem disk is a extended disk-cabinet (the local C and D drive are backupped very well)Our EMC Clariion is connetected through glassfibre optic
Tonight when we don't use OTM, but we keep getting this message:
Snapshot error 0x00000070 (win32 112: There is not enough diskspace on the disk.(which disk??? client?)
Reinstall the software doent work, upgrade/downgrade from the client does not working.

Please save my job.....

Three possibilities - All the same problem - You are out of space to store the catalog information. Depending oon your setup, this may be the client - Where is the NetBackup install directory - That drive is full, on the media server - Where is Netbackup installed - That drive is full or on the master - Where is NetBackup installed - That drive is full.

When a backup runs, it needs space to write catalog information, you simply do not have enough space and I am guessing that the 210GB contains a lot of smaller files - More files = More space needed.

Simple solution - Free up some disk space.

BTW - A general rule of thumb, under Windows, never, ever allow the free disk space to drop below 10%.

I have the same system and the same message even when I am doing incremental backup 6GB. I have 25% free (1.5GB) on the C: drive on the server and similar situation on client C:.
The funny things is I can start task on the server manually and each backup is done without problems. Unfortunatelly start automaticly I have "system call failed(11)" and "Snapshot Error:0x00000070 (WIN32 112: There is not enough space on the disk. )" in the Bpbrm.
It startied after upgrade to NB4.5MP6.

The error "Snapshot Error:0x00000070 (WIN32 112:" is due to there not being enough space on the disk to store open files. This is a VSS and Open File issue and it does need space to store a snap of the open files.

I am having the same issue with a client and just recently suggested that they replace their current hard disk with newer larger onces to accomodate the Veritas backup process. This elimated the issue entirely with this issue when full backups are being performed.

I am having a similar problem. "Free up space on the server" is not a solution. That's the reason why I am backing up to tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back