Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup of Arcserve v9 db problem with security

Status
Not open for further replies.

JemimaS

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
GB
I have included the ArcServe VLDB in the backup, and I get this error in the logs:
E4116 Unable to begin database backup ec= no access rights to database.

I have a domain user set up exactly as in the technical docs, with all the permissions and a local user the same on the machine.

One peculiarity - when I go into Central DB configuration, and choose Change Security, I cannot change the username & password from caroot - it fails to authenicate any other user. Is this connected?

NT4 server, Arcserve v9

HI,

Checkif the ARCserve folder is shared as ARCServe$ and check if the account you are using has full control over it.

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Yes - is shared as ARCserve$ with full control.

I'm having this same problem with my Windows XP box on an NT4 domain using v9. I'm stumpted! Any luck with this?

Check the NTFS permissions of the ARCserve installation folder (both folder and files).

H.

NTFS file permissions are OK and are propagated down. Share permissions are to spec as well. Hmmmmmm....

I've even changed file/share permissions to Everyone "Full Control" without any help. The 9.01 patch didn't help at all either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back