Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumj1

MIS
Apr 3, 2007
US
I have a Windows2003 client that is backing up two different drives. G:\ and H:\. They both backup successfully, but data is only grabbed from one or the other. For ex. they both are successful, but one only backs up 1kb and the other grabs all the data. There is data changing on these drives. This happens on cumulatives as well as fulls. Wondering if anyone has seen this before.

Just to add to this thread and see if anyone has any input.

On this server NBU will BU all of the backup selections except the first volume listed. I added the E:\ drive to the BU selections list. Now I have E:\, G:\, H:\ and G:\ and H:\ are backing up but it is skipping E:\. Previously it was skipping G:\ because it was listed first. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

What version of NetBackup are you using? MP? Are there other servers in the same Policy? Do they exhibit the same behavior?

One suggestion you might try is perform a multi-stream backup. It would be interesting to see if the behavior is the same for multi-stream as it is for a single stream backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back