Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechMC

MIS
Dec 9, 2003
US
Hello,

I am using Brightstor ArcServe Backup 11.1. My Logs are in c:\program files\ca\Brightstor ARCserve Backup\LOG\cas_user_logs\caroot

The problem is I only see the backups for the past few weeks? How can I obtain Job logs from 6 months ago or so? Can I obtain the job log using the tape?

Thanks

-TechMC

If you back up to \log\ folder you should find a file called JobQueue.log. Provided you haven't purged your log files, this file should represent everything the job engine has encountered since you installed BAB.

Two other files that might be helpful in the same directory are: BrightStor.log and Tape.log.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Severe,

But unfortunetly, I needed the Job logs as they appear in the cas_user_logs "j000xxx.log" files. I need to know the server, sesssion and amount of storage backed up

Thanks for the help.

That being the case, you should be able to restore them via tape if you are performing backups of your BAB server.

You'll simply need to identify the tape, merge and perform the restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back