Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup job lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

nh39

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
hello,

it normally takes no more than 8 hours for a job i run every night. this morning, around 9:30 am, i found out that a job has been running since 9 pm last night and was at 13%. what could have caused the job to lag like this? one thing that i can think of is the scanning where you tell arcserve to scan every file during the backup process; where can go to check this option? thank you.

Hi,

This is the third consecutive Tuesday night that the backup job lags, and we had to manually stop it. The log shows that it backed up about 6 sessions and this backup job has 30 sessions. This backup job is a rotation that runs every night from Monday through Friday. What's so mysterous is that it runs fine on the other four nights and lags on every Tuesday night, and we can't find anything different - at the momment. Please help! Thank you very much. Any info or suggestion is appreciated.

Are your backups set to run Differential, Incremental, or Full? If you run a full backup on the weekends and either Differential or Incremental during the week, make sure you are resetting the archive bit during your full backup. If you are already doing this, you might change from Differential to Incremental (if applicable). Incremental backups usually take less time but are more time consuming if you ever need to do a full restore.

I hope this helps,

Eric

Hi
Need to know Arcserve version,Service pack applied?

regards,
mohamdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back