Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Job Hung in Loading Media State

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdoma

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2003
US
I need help people. I have a backup job that backs up a file server with about 400GB of data. I am using Dell LTO-2 drives/library. This job never finishes. The problem started after I repaired the database. I am on Ver9.1 4691. Now when the job runs it will backup about 250-300GB and then stays stuck in loading media state. I assuming this happens when its time to change the tape. The other thing I have noticed is that when I cancel the job, it really never cancels, I have to re-cycle the services for the cancellation to happen. I have tried updating the tape drives, but that did not seem to help.
I will greatly appreciate any help.

I get the same thing. I have an HP StorageWorks SDLT external tape device connected to BE.

I havent been able to schedule backups since December of 06. I have to manually do them. And, to make matters worse, I get the error you are talking about. Change tapes? I havent needed to change tapes before!

And, when I try to cancel the job, it just states: cancel pending.Its been on cancel pending for 48:06:06.

I have had to reboot the server to fix this but I cannot keep on rebooting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back