Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Job failed event id: 57745...advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2001
US
I run a daily full backup of an NT4.0 server. Lately, I've been getting "job completion status:failed." I've noticed two things that might shed light on this problem.

1)In event Viewer I'm getting an error message, " Event ID: 57745. Job "..." ended in an error state. Examine recent event log entries and the Job History for details."

2)In the log file there are three instances reporting "directory not found. Can not backup directory....". With one case the directory was actually deleted. So what? Why the message? The other two cases, The directories are there and I am still getting this error message. I also ran an auto check on all of the Hard Drives but didn't come up with any error messages.

I think these two issues may have something to do with me not getting a successful backup. Any ideas?

does your backup selection list acurately reflect your explorer directory list? i.e., if you deleted a folder, does backup know about it. how about resubmitting the job with a new selection. what is the backup program?

Tombert3.
Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm running backup exec 8.0. Yes you brought out a good point. With some 2 out of the three mentioned directories actually are deleated. I went into file selections in backup exec and I did not see the two directories at all. But yet the software is still referencing them.

At any rate, I did create another backup job defination. Maybe this will work.

I recreated the job and this took care of the problem. Why or how I do not know.

Go Figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back