Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Job Edit Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwillard

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2004
US
Lately, every time I create a new job it will work fine, but when I try to edit a job (Even a recently created one) I have problems.
I can make my changes as much as I want, but when I hit save or save as, the program stops responding.

I am running 11.5 Build 3884.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Boycott Sony

Go to the Brightstor Arcserve Backup folder

1) Delete the files from the temp folder
2) Stop the Ca services (Run cstop.bat from the BAB folder)
3) Delete the files under the DATABASE folder that start with the letter 'r'.
4) Start the Ca services (Run cstart.bat from the BAB folder)

Sorry but the advice given in the post above is scripted drivel.

To help out we need more information on the environment you are running this on eg OS/Service Pack Level, Internet Explorer version/patch level. Whether it ever worked.

Also, you can try applying the service pack for 11.5 as you are currently running 11.5 unpatched:

Typically modified job problems come down to:

1 Internet Explorer and/or OS/Service Pack Pre-reqs not met
2 Corrupt Job
3 Bug in ARCserve

If it were a database problem which is what the post above infers, then you would have issues progressing through modifying the job, not submitting it.

PAPushka, I did try your solution. No Help....

VSChumpy,

I am running Windows Server 2003. It is fully patched to date and IE is also fully patched.

Win - SP1
IE - 6.0.3790.1830

It was working fine for a long time before. I think the last patch tuesdays updates may have caused this because after installing them is about when I first noticed the problem.

I will install SP1 and see if that helps, but as I said it was working before.

Thanks for your help
Reiley

Boycott Sony

I did install the service pack. It made no difference.

Boycott Sony

Hmm, it's possible but unusual that an MS patch may have caused a problem (I think I remember about 4 instances in the past 10 years). Probably the easiest way to check it out is to install a copy to another system at the same patch level and see if the problem persists, if it does then you'll need to contact CA for assistance.

If it's feasible then you could consider uninstalling the update (WGA IIRC) if your organisation's security policy permits it and seeing whether the problem is directly related.

I have been in touch with CA support. they had me delete the database and add an empty one. So far all is good. I have been able to edit jobs.

Thank for the help

Boycott Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back