Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup help. Incremental appending & full no ASR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japetto12

Technical User
Aug 9, 2001
US
Hi.. I startedrunning a full normal backup every night but realized that only my selected files will be backed up, not newly created ones. From what I've read it's best to run a full backup once a week and also run an Incremental backup every night which is appending to the file. Is appending the best way to go?, (I think overwriting using an incremental backup would lose data.) Anyway, is this the best method to use? I'm backing up to a 200gig external HD. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks (I do not want to use the ASR backup feature)

Japetto12 - This is now your fourth post asking the same basic questions about backup. This is not a very effective way of utilizing the resources and talents of the people here. Please, please, please pick one thread and stick with it. It is difficult enough going through various threads posted by others, but to have to sift through multiple threads by one user asking the same thing makes it even more difficult for those who want to help.

Thank you for etting me vent.

Freestone.. I accidently posted on Win 2000 first, my bad. Only 2 posts were actually made, I use this forum to get answers.. if you have time to sift through all of these forums then my 2 posts shouldn't bother you. And my 2 posts were NOT THE SAME, just were in Win2000 1st by accident. Chill out

The point is people's time here is valuable and sifting through multiple posts by a user wastes what little time one can try to devote to providing help. So yes, your 4 cross-posts about the same basic backup questions does indeed bother me. And yes, I can count - this thread, thread616-1232402 thread616-1232451 thread779-1232454

So I will chill when you can at least respect the goodwill intentions of the people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back