Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup hangs at 99%

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom11011

MIS
Oct 12, 2001
US
Hi,

All of the sudden for no apparent reason I am having a problem with BE 8.5.

The backup seems to want to hang at 99% and then I find the tape ejected in the morning. I have searched Veritas' site and came up with article 192055 but that references unchecking the eject box and my box is not checked to eject.

The backup seems to be stopping at different places over the last few days.

What is causing this?

uncheck verify and see if that cures the problem.

upgrade to 8.6 might cure the problem.

I am running BE v8.6 and it 'hangs' at 99% BUT it hangs only at the 99% of the consistancy check. It locks my database (SQL Advanced Server 2000) for about 10 minutes while it finishes 'verifying the consistancy' of the data. But then it finishes the job.

Check to see if you are doing a consistancy check after the back-up. If you are, that might be the culprit. BE might be locking your database for that final 1% of the check and depending on your database, it might not be able to release it or more likely, it can't acquire the lock for the last 1% and finally fails.

-Bill

Thanks, but I am not doing a consistancy check before or after on SQL.

The backup appears to be stopping at different points every night.

I was having the same problem. Now- I took it off of Verify and the backup has been running for almost 14 hours. It would normally only take 2 or 3 hours. The backup is still running from 9pm last night. What can I do to stop it from "running" for an eternity? Help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back