Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeean

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
GB
I have been running backup exec 8.5 on windows NT backing up unix servers for some time now with no problems. However, the last few times, when I check on them in the morning, the backup job is still running, but not actually writing anything to disk.
It is not hanging on the same file each time, and writes between 20 and 30Gb before it hangs.
There is plenty of media in the drives and like I said, this has never happened before and I haven't changed any of the settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Iain

I am having a similar problem with Backup Exec version 8.6 on a Windows 2000 server. The backup gets nearly complete when it hangs on the same file for the last few nights. There's no activity on the tape drive (SDLT) and the bengine.exe process is running at about 50% when this happens. My backups have worked for months without problems and now, for the past few nights, this has happened. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back