Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup group 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cctana

Technical User
Nov 8, 2004
US
I have an autoloader with 8 tapes, I created a default group to do a full backup every friday night and differential backup the rest of the week.
How can I create a new group and set it to do a separate full backup every wednesday. I want to be able to send that backup to a designated tape or two so I can take them off site.
Can anyone please help?
I am running legato networker 7.1
Thank you,
ctana

Create a new group, add clients with saveset/level info to it, create a new pool with the restriction for this new pool only, label some tapes to this new pool.

Any questions?

It sounds like you may end up running two backups (differential and Full) on Wednesday, if you forget to edit the schedule. This doesn't pose a big problem providing you have enough time. Though consider this; edit your current schedule to execute a full on Wednesday instead a differential and clone that data.

just a thought.

Thank you all,
How do I restrict the new pool.
Thank you.

From the admin tool - Manage Pools -> Open the edit window of your preferred pool. At the General tab check the needed Groups and Levels.

And do not select any device!!!!

Hi,
I am trying to do the same thing using legato networker 7.2.
I am using the templates included for offsite pool and offsite group.
I added the clients to the new group so now they are members of 2 groups the default group which does a full back up on friday and incremental the rest of the week and offsite group that I want to run the first day of the month.
How can I get this schedule to work.
Also I tried running a manual test of the second group and it picked up a tape from the ones labeled for offsite but it performed an incremental backup instead of a full.
When it finished I deleted the index and media file so the regular back up doesn't get messed up. I then tried to run another full backup for the onsite group and it tried to use an offsite backup.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back