Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup goes through successeful but no data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallacealex

Technical User
Mar 19, 2002
ZA
Netbackup setup is as follows:
Master server = Windows 2003
Netbackup 5.1 MP4.

I am backing up a server specifying ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES. The problem is that all the drives backup successful accept for one particular drive :)\o) which shows successful but only 1KB of data backed up although there is about 3GB of data on the disk.

Troubleshooting:
I reformatted the drive but the problem persists.
I moved the data to another drive and managed to back it up.
I somehow have to get drive O to backup, ANY HELP WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

Check if the O:\ drive in the clients exclusions list and if so, delete it from that list. Then run the backup again.

If the above wasn't it, check the following:

Is this a network mapped drive? If so, it won't get backed up unless you specify to backup network drives (I don't recommend this).

Is the data on the drive in use at the time of backup? If so, you'll need a open file agent, appropriate DB agent, or some flat file dump created in order to back it up.

Thank you tbiller for the help.
Lesson learn - it is important when you make changes to the environment, you let your colleagues know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back