Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup getting Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep20

Technical User
Sep 21, 2006
IN
1) When i am taking inventory/Labelling of more than one slot it is giving me below errors: " Read open error:drive status is" and ""Jukebox:adic_san access:scsidev@3.0.1 failed:MOVE MEDIUM key:5 status:CHECK CONDITION UNKNOWN, Medium Destination Element Full/Empty.

2. Configured DDS but now it showing me all media as UNLABALLED and also not showing its barcode, i had also restarted the Libaray, reset library through networker & taken inventory but is giving me an error "read Open Error :drive status is there is not a tape in the drive".

Previosly I was facing with all above problems, but after upgrading from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2 all my above problem was solved.one week my backup was working fine with no errors but on eight day media got stuck in the drive after that networker started giving me different problem i.e when i was trying to do labelling with \\.\tape0 it started giving me error "read Open Error :drive status is there is not a tape in the drive".
and my labelling get failed, same thing happen for inventory too & my index backup is also getting failed (as you must be aware taht INDEX backup is happening on Networker Server whic is using drive \\.\Tape0). But when i try taking iventory from different storage node (Sharing Same drive)labelling, backup & iventory happens properly. Below is the detail of my setup:

I have two tandberg S24 library one is use for NDMP Backup & other for NON-NDMP backup. NON-NDMP backup library is shared between Networker Server & 11 Storage Node as shown below.
\\.\Tape0 (Drive used for networker Server)
server1:\\.\Tape0
server2:\\.\Tape0
Server11:\\.\Tape0

Each client is getting backup with their respective Storage Node.
I am using Networker 7.3.2

Pls Help me as my backup is not happening?

This is a hard one without knowing details of your system. May it simply be that the RSM service was/has been restarted on on e of the nodes?

Maybe you need to give up DDS and see whether the problems are caused by a certain host.

RSM is disabled on all the machine.

If you want any details i can give you, but i want to solve this problem.

Can you tell me wether it is a problem of Networker or Hardware?

because i am also facing Inventory & labelling problem in my R & D setup (i.e when i m trying to take the inventory or want to do labelling of more than one Slot at a time it gives me below error:

"Jukebox:adic_san access:scsidev@2.0.1 failed:MOVE MEDIUM key:5 status:CHECK CONDITION UNKNOWN, Medium Destination Element Full/Empty."

In my R&D dept. i have a simple setup details are as belows :

Compaq 20\40 autoloader (internal) connected to my networker server

Legato Networker 7.3.2

Windows 2003 sp1

and networker server itself is a client (here there is no storage node or DDS configured and also RSM service is disabled)

I guess nobody can help you right away without actually sitting at the system. Although the error points to a jukebox problem, the reason for that could be anything.

Run the jbexercise program to see whether the jbox works fine in general.

can you give me the syntax for jbexercise command for proper output

Iventory & labelling is the basic things, which i dont think so require much configuration? i really dont understand why it is giving problem.

One more thing for your knowledge that Compaq 20\40 Autoloader which i m using in my R&D setup working fine with veritas Backup exec. Then why it is giving problem in Networker for simple Inventory & labelling for more than one slot and also my R&D setup is Very Simple Just a Networker Server with Windows 2003 Sp1 & Legato Networker 7.3.2?

OR
It is like that Legato Networker 7.3.2 is not much Stable on Windows Than UNIX & Solaris Etc..

jbexercise ?m model ?c control_port [ ?V vendor_type ][?CdsIv ][?D drive_number ][?S slot ]

For more details, please see the manpages.

-------------------

Something that just now comes into my mind: Can it be that you rebooted the system and that Windows automatically decided to swap the device configuration? - In this case it will in fact load the wrong drive. To avoid this, please setup persistent bindings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back