Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup G3Rv11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duaneness

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
US
System is G3Rv11, duplicated (shelf A & B). Four announcement cards, all TN750C's. Trying to develop a disaster recovery plan.

If I understand this correctly, the old "save translations" saves to hard disks. The command "backup disk" backs the data to the optical disk.

"Save announcments" will back a specific TN750C to the specified SPE optical disk.

So, I need 2 optical disks for backing up hard disks; and 4 more optical disks for backing up announcements. Ideally I should have two full sets of disks so one can be taken off-site for true disaster recovery.

The question - are any of the backup or save commands service affecting? I know the old "save translations" on a G3siV6 wasn't, but I'm kinda new to the G3Rv11.

Also - does the "backup disk full" command reformat the MO disk? Could I use a generic MO disk (non-Avaya)with this command?

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks -

- Duaneness

When you use the save commands they do not affect to the service.
For my point of view you can not use a generic disks because it had to have your system version format.

Hope it helps

'save tr' and 'save ann' back up the the HD, 'back disc' saves the the MO drive.

for saving announcements: 'save announce board XXXXXX' (i believe), then 'back disk both full'. you can back up to only one MO drive if you want with 'back disc "spe-a" or "spe-b".
the backup commands are not service affecting.
you 'can save trans' and 'save announce' to one MO disc.
the 'back disk full' command does not format the MO discs. you have to buy them from Avaya or BP's.

fyi: you need to make sure all the times in memory, hard drives, and MO drives match or you will get a STO-DATA alarm. you can check by doing a 'list config soft long'. second page and make sure everything has the same time stamp.

A MO cartridge can contain both the system translations and (1) TN750 announcement board.

Kevin

Is there a trick to saving both translations and announcements to one MO disk?

Also, there is a reference to formating old Avaya disks to a new level in thread690-906454. Has this changed?

if you have tn2501 you could download by your notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back