Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Floppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtman

MIS
Aug 2, 2004
US
I've got a CS 1000 PBX and recently I noticed an error showing up when I overlay passthru to the PBX. The error states that the nightly backup did not complete. I ran LD 143 / abko and it replied that it could not format the floppy. Do I need to replace the floppy disk with a 1.44mb floppy or is there a special floppy disk that will work?

I've tried using a brand new 1.44mb floppy but get the same error. I moved the floppy from core 1 to core 0 and it worked fine, but I still need to get a replacement.

No.. I mean I took the floppy disk out of core 1 and put it in core 0's floppy drive and core 0 backed up fine.

OK, it's not the drive and it's not the diskette? Sorry, but I dunno which core had what problem on your system.

If it is the diskette, just format one on an any Windoze/DOS PC and pop it in.

If it's the drive, well you know.

If something seems to be stuck in software, INI.

~~~
GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies

The floppy diskette is bad, and I've tried a brand new 1.44mb floppy diskette and get the same error (failure to format disk). I'm just need to know what type of floppy diskette to acquire (since the new diskette failed in the same manner).

I can't tell you how many Imation, 3M or otherwise generic diskettes I've used as perfect rotational or replacement disks for these systems. Did you DOS format the one you tried first?

The only mysterious disktte ever used was the "4 meg" disktette...but a PC can't even read those.

~~~
GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies

I only Windows formatted the new diskette, not dos formatted. I will try that next.

If i'm reading right it looks like you just popped the new disk into the CS1000 drive and tried to do a back-up. Follow what GHTROUT is saying and format the disk using your PC before you try to use in the system.

Just curious....

You do have a newer CS 1000 and not an older processor running the old 2MB Floppies right?

BTW, I have litterally 80 lbs. of those old 2MB floppies laying around here if anyone wants them.

(I know it's 80 lbs. because they were shipped here!)

--
Fletch

Nortel Emergency Services PLM

Don't forget about the FREE E911 Webinar Oct. 30th!
Register online at

Ok, the original floppy diskette went bad. The replacement floppy diskette I tried first was formatted using Windows. Once I formatted it using DOS it worked great. The floppy diskette size was 1.44mb.

Thanks for everyones help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back